One of the things that inspires me about the Ripple Revolutionary way of seeing the world is how much potential there is to make a positive impact just by the way we show up on a day-to-day basis.
If you’re like most of us, distracted as we are by the go-go pressures of life, you probably don’t notice even a fraction of the opportunities to make a difference that come your way on a daily basis.
One way to start training your brain to recognize more of those positive ripple opportunities that go whizzing past is to make it a habit to ask questions, like:
- How can I leave this situation better than I found it?
- How can I leave this person feeling better because of this interaction?
- How can I leave this person feeling better about himself/herself?
- How can I add joy to this situation?
- How can I make this situation more fun?
- How can I help this person?
- Who needs my help? How can I help them?
- What knowledge can I share?
- What connections can I make?
- What effect will ________ (whatever choice or action you’re considering) have on ___________?
- What one thing can I do today to make the world a bit better?
- What opportunity can I notice today to create a positive ripple?
You might try printing some or all of them out small enough to be cut out on a piece of paper small enough to put in your wallet. Or if there is one that resonates particularly well with you, print out just that one. A good way to keep calling your attention to it is to fold it over something that you use frequently, like a credit or debit card.
The more frequently you get a reminder and let your mind explore the answer (and act on it!), the more it will wear a habitual groove in your brain.
And don’t stop with these questions. These represent just a drop in the bucket! Come up with your own. Brainstorm questions with your friends or family. Make it a group discussion and a group effort (for example, having a discussion about it once a week, or even daily, with your family over a meal).
When you explore this with others, you plant a seed for them to start making a difference that creates even more ripples. And on and on it goes!
Join the Ripple Revolution TM
Brought to you by Curt Rosengren, Passion Catalyst TM
Time for a career change? Start with
The Occupational Adventure Guide